[all][foundation][ecosystem][tc] External projects under the foundation hat

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 23 17:46:57 UTC 2022

On 2022-06-23 12:00:58 -0500 (-0500), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> > > If that's the consensus of the TC, then I recommend updating
> > > https://opendev.org/openstack/governance/src/branch/master/reference/new-projects-requirements.rst
> > > (particularly the parts where it says "The project uses public code
> > > reviews on the OpenStack infrastructure" and "The project has core
> > > reviewers and adopts a test-driven gate in the OpenStack
> > > infrastructure for changes").
>
> Yes, that is what I mean that we have not explicitly said it has
> to be on OpenDev tooling as must requirement but yes we need to
> update the governance documentation also to have a clear view if
> "no opendev tooling then what are governance requirement"
[...]

I'm not sure who "we" is in this context, but the TC has "explicitly
said it has to be on OpenDev tooling as must requirement" through
the passages I quoted above (the referenced document absolutely
states this, and was ratified by the TC). Removing that restriction
is a substantive change to OpenStack's governing documents, not a
mere clarification.
--
Jeremy Stanley