[all][foundation][ecosystem] External projects under the foundation hat

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 23 15:30:24 UTC 2022

On 2022-06-23 10:02:14 -0500 (-0500), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
[...]
> Yes, both are separate things and I think we are mixing both or at
> least if we have such impression or governance is not so clear
> about it then we should fix it. I replied in another reply about
> governance point of view and IMO yes we should allow such new
> projects hosted on new tooling or so but they need to make sure
> all the help on CI/CD, release etc are taken care by them self or
> they help opendev team to support such things. If either of them
> cannot be done and they do not fulfill the PTI or any other new
> project requirement criteria then they cannot be in OpenStack.
[...]

"Governance" (the new project requirements document) right now
clearly states that new projects need to perform their code review
and gating tests on the "OpenStack Infrastructure" (the former name
for the OpenDev Collaboratory because that document hasn't been
updated to reflect the new name). You'll at a minimum need a vote of
the TC to remove those restrictions, so all this assumes that the
rest of the TC agrees with you that doing code review in GitHub with
a separate GitHub-connected CI system is allowable for new official
OpenStack project teams and deliverables.

This is not "governance point of view" it's *your* point of view, so
please be clear that the decision is one the TC as a whole will need
to make.
--
Jeremy Stanley