[kolla][monasca] No more Monasca for AArch64? Or Ubuntu?

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Mon Jun 20 20:00:37 UTC 2022

Monasca bumped confluent-kafka-python to newer version.

And that generates side effects on AArch64 (all distributions Kolla
supports) and on Ubuntu 22.04 (any architecture).

Why?

#error "confluent-kafka-python requires librdkafka v1.9.0 or later.
Install the latest version of librdkafka from the Confluent
repositories, see http://docs.confluent.io/current/installation.html"

Debian/stable has 1.6.0, Ubuntu/22.04 has 1.8.0 versions.

On x86-64 architecture we can fetch wheel files for CentOS Stream 8,
CentOS Stream 9, Debian/stable and Ubuntu/20.04 as they use Python
3.6/3.8/3.9 versions for which there are wheel files provided by upstream.

On Ubuntu 22.04 we have Python 3.10 for which there is no wheel file
from upstream...

Sure, on x86-64 we can use extra repository from upstream and build
'confluent-kafka-python' from source. And probably we will go that way
later in a cycle.

But on AArch64 we have no other way than disabling build of Monasca.
There is no way to satisfy dependency :(

https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/kolla/+/846800