[Neutron] What is the best tool for automated data plane testing with openstack?

Lajos Katona katonalala at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 07:07:41 UTC 2022

Hi,

In Openstack itself there is no such tool.
There are several test tools which we use to test Openstack and Openstack
components like
Tempest (see [1]) and the plugin for it are full with networking related
tests neutron-tempest-plugin (see [2]).
The scenario tests in neutron-tempest-plugin tests some basic dataplane
scenarios, but
only in a functional manner, not with traffic load or such, as we used
these tests in our CI, so
we need quick feedback.
To have some stress test you can check Rally (see [3]) but that is again
not for dataplane testing,
but to load the API of the components. You can find some Neutron specific
rally scenarios in
Neutron repo (see [4]).

[1]: https://opendev.org/openstack/tempest
[2]: https://opendev.org/openstack/neutron-tempest-plugin