Upgrading to a more recent version of jsonschema

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 23:35:04 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-06-15 at 00:47 +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 6/13/22 00:10, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > A few DDs are pushing me to upgrade jsonschema in Debian Unstable.
> > However, OpenStack global requirements are still stuck at 3.2.0. Is
> > there any reason for it, or should we attempt to upgrade to 4.6.0?
> >
> > I'd really appreciate if someone (else than me) was driving this...
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Thomas Goirand (zigo)
> >

> FYI, Nova fails with it:
> https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/unstable/amd64/n/nova/22676760/log.gz
>
> Can someone from the Nova team investigate?
nova is not pinning this
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/requirements.txt#L25=

we test with whatever is allowed by uppper constriats so we need to look a this form a requirements team point of view

anyjson seams to deplped on use2to3 which is breaking the script that updates requiremtns for me locally.

if i remvoe that temporally and run

.venv/bin/generate-constraints -b blacklist.txt -p python3.8 -r global-requirements.txt > upper-constraints.txt
i get futher but then fail because i dont have all the bindep of every python lib in gloal-requiremetns install on my laptop

ill try and check that again in a devstack vm which should have many of those deps installed.

but something seams to be broken in the automation that updates the upper-constratis.
the zuul periodic is at least sometime passing

https://zuul.openstack.org/builds?job_name=propose-updates&project=openstack%2Frequirements&skip=0

but im not sure how many old deps we have
and why the requiremnts repo is still pinning to 3.2.0 form november 2019