[cinder] Failed to delete volume

Kamil Madac kamil.madac at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 06:29:49 UTC 2022

Hi Michal,

We had similar issue in our kolla-ansible deployment. In our case we were
not able to attach volume to the VM in 1 from 5 cases and it sometimes
caused also inconsistencies in DB tables. We are also running Victoria
release with Ceph backend.  We found out that there were many
disconnects/reconnects between nova and rabbitmq because of
missing heartbeats which happened every 3 minutes. If attachment of volume
happened in the time of reconnection, attachment was unsuccessful.  What
helped in our case was adding following lines to nova.conf:

[oslo_messaging_rabbit]
heartbeat_timeout_threshold = 0

In your case I would check cinder logs files for messaging errors whether
you do not see regular reconnects to rabbitmq.

Kamil Madac

--
Kamil Madac <https://kmadac.github.io/>