[openstack-ansible] [kolla-ansible] Which deployment tool for first timer?

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Fri Jun 10 08:53:30 UTC 2022

Hi Dave,

I would suggest getting a minimal deployment up and running with each
environment, before making your choice.

For Kolla Ansible, you can follow the quickstart documentation to get a
single node deployment up and running:
https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/yoga/user/quickstart.html

If you also need bare metal provisioning capabilities for your control &
compute nodes, as well as more advanced host configuration, you might
consider Kayobe, which builds on top of Kolla Ansible. Here is a guide to
building up the configuration for a single node deployment:
https://docs.openstack.org/kayobe/latest/configuration/scenarios/all-in-one/index.html

Regards,
Mark