[nova][openstack-ansible] "No Valid Host Found" when running on VirtualBox

Dave Hall kdhall at binghamton.edu
Thu Jun 9 18:19:11 UTC 2022

Hello,

I'm trying to run a test/learning cluster on VirtualBox VMs deployed with
Openstack-Ansible prior to deploying on real hardware.

The playbooks succeed, and the basic functional checks all look good.
However, I am unable to deploy an instance due to 'No Valid Host Found'.  I
have seen that this might be because VirtualBox does not support KVM.  But
I am also perplexed - I am able to deploy instances on an AIO running in
VirtualBox on the same physical host.

If there is an easy fix for this please point me in the right direction.
If I need to destroy and re-clone my VMs I can try that as well.  In an
effort to learn, though, I'd really like to learn how to adjust the current
deployment.

Thanks.

-Dave

--