[all][operator][policy] Operator feedback on 'Consistent and Secure RBAC" (new design for RBAC)

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Wed Jun 8 14:43:59 UTC 2022

Julia Kreger <juliaashleykreger at gmail.com> writes:

> Is that Nova's interpretation, specifically the delineation that
> non-project owned should only be viewable by system, or was system
> scope changed at some point? I interpreted it differently, but haven't
> circled back recently. I guess interpretation and evolution in
> specific pockets after initial implementation work started ultimately
> resulted in different perceptions.

Nope, not a Nova thing. Here's the relevant course correction from two
PTGs ago:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/selected/consistent-and-secure-rbac.html#direction-change

Mohammed is going to be there and primed to discuss this as well. I
think he's pretty well caught up on the current state of things. Having
your experience with what it means in Ironic, as well as his context
from the sticky implementation issues in the other projects should mean
we have pretty good coverage.

Thanks!

--Dan