[neutron][networking-l2gw][puppet] Status of networking-l2gw project

Takashi Kajinami tkajinam at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 14:29:40 UTC 2022

Hello team,

# I understand networking-l2gw is not under neutron stadium
# but adding [neutron] tag hoping it would attract more attention.

We found a recent change in neutron[1] broke networking-l2gw[2], and
some jobs in puppet repos and rdo, with l2gw enabled, are failing.

I proposed a potential fix for the bug[3], but I noticed the project
looks unmaintained according to the following points.

 - No change has been merged for more than 1 year

 - No release was created since Wallaby

 - The zuul setting still points the victoria job template
   (openstack-python3-victoria-jobs-neutron)

I'm wondering if anybody is actually interested in maintaining the project.
If not, I'll propose retiring the plugin support from puppet (and TripleO
because it requires puppet implementation).

I appreciate any feedback about this.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/837392
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/networking-l2gw/+bug/1977980
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/x/networking-l2gw/+/845141