[all][tc] Change OpenStack release naming policy proposal

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Jun 3 17:46:59 UTC 2022

 ---- On Fri, 20 May 2022 12:42:28 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 >  ---- On Fri, 13 May 2022 20:43:57 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 >  > Hello Everyone,
 >  >
 >  > Writing on the top for quick reading as we have a consensus on this.
 >  >
 >  > In today's TC meeting [3], we discussed this topic with Foundation staff and we all
 >  > agreed to give the release name process handling to Foundation. TC will not be involved
 >  > in the process. The release name will be mainly used for marketing purposes and we will
 >  > use the release number as the primary identifier in our release scheduling, automated
 >  > processes, directory structure etc.
 >  >
 >  > I have proposed the patch to document it in the TC release naming process.
 >  >
 >  > - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/841800
 >
 > As the next step, we will have a voice call to figure out how to use the number/name in our
 > development cycle/tooling. Meeting details are below:
 >
 > * When Tue May 24, 2022 9am – 10am Pacific Time (16:00 - 17:00 UTC)
 > * Joining info Join with Google Meet = meet.google.com/gwi-cphb-rya
 > * Join by phone: (US) +1 563-447-5079 (PIN: 263292866)

To update here:
As discussed in the meeting, TC passed the resolution[1] and documented what place to use the
release number and name, please reach out to TC if you have any queries on this:

- https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/release-naming.html

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20220524-release-identification-process.html

-gmann