[all][TC] Bare rechecks stats week of 25.07

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jul 28 15:15:34 UTC 2022

On 2022-07-28 16:33:46 +0200 (+0200), Jiri Podivin wrote:
[...]
> What is the preferred way of stating the reason for a recheck? I've kind of
> assumed that it's something like writing:
>
> " recheck: this is broken"
>
> but that doesn't trigger the CI. I've tried looking it up in the Zuul and
> Opendev docs, but couldn't find anything.
[...]

The regular expression for it is configured here:

https://opendev.org/openstack/project-config/src/commit/6b12602/zuul.d/pipelines.yaml#L24

What I usually do is "recheck because of nondeterminism in test foo"
(or whatever the reason).

Don't prepend anything before the word "recheck" and also follow the
word with a space before you add any other text. I think Zuul must
assume a required space after the regular expression since that
doesn't seem to be encoded in the regex you see there. Make sure the
"recheck" appears on the very first line of the comment too. Aside
from that, you can add anything you like after it.

Switching in/out of WIP and leaving votes at the same time as the
recheck should also be avoided as they seem to cause the expression
not to match.
--
Jeremy Stanley