openstack router with flat

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 07:06:51 UTC 2022

Hi,

Dnia czwartek, 28 lipca 2022 06:48:14 CEST Parsa Aminian pisze:
> thanks for your reply
> yes  I need public IP address  (external) directly in my instance but with
> router .

You can have provider network with public IPs in it and connect it to the router as any other tenant network. That should works, but please keep in mind that it will by default allocate your "gateway_ip" address to that port and this may break Your network if this gateway IP is already configured on some Your external device. To avoid that, You can first create port in that network and then plug that port into the router You want to.

> I need a router because it adds many features including High
> Availability
> If I don't use a router  how can I have HA on my network ?

What kind of HA You are asking for?