Manila/NFS support for Zun

Vaibhav mmilan2006 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 17:34:42 UTC 2022

Dear Hongbin,

I am able to successfully do the following. It allows me to mount the NFS
volume.
But there is no way to pass this information from an openstack client.
Is there any way to send this information from openstack client to docker?
Is there any hook or plugin available which can be called before starting
the container? I can exploit it until a permanent solution is available,

export NFS_VOL_NAME=mynfs
export NFS_LOCAL_MNT=/mnt/mynfs
export NFS_SERVER=my.nfs.server.com
export NFS_SHARE=/my/server/path
export NFS_OPTS=vers=4,soft

docker run --mount \
  "src=$NFS_VOL_NAME,dst=$NFS_LOCAL_MNT,volume-opt=device=:$NFS_SHARE,\"volume-opt=o=addr=$NFS_SERVER,$NFS_OPTS\",type=volume,volume-driver=local,volume-opt=type=nfs"
\
  busybox ls $NFS_LOCAL_MNT

Alternatively, you can create the volume before the container:

docker volume create \
  --driver local \
  --opt type=nfs \
  --opt o=addr=$NFS_SERVER,$NFS_OPTS \
  --opt device=:$NFS_SHARE \
  $NFS_VOL_NAME

docker run --rm -v $NFS_VOL_NAME:$NFS_LOCAL_MNT busybox ls $NFS_LOCAL_MNT

.