openstack router with flat

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Wed Jul 27 09:28:36 UTC 2022

Hi,

Dnia środa, 27 lipca 2022 09:55:12 CEST Parsa Aminian pisze:
> hello
> is it possible to assign valid ip to openstack router directly without nat
> ? as I know openstack need invalid fix ip when using router and valid ip
> should be added as float ip .

I don't understand what do You mean by "invalid" and "valid" IP address. Can You explain it?
If You want to have public IP address  (external) directly in Your instnance, You can plug Your instance directly into the provider network, without using neutron router at all.

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Principal Software Engineer