[nova] hw_qemu_guest_agent image metadata property

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 23:03:21 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-07-25 at 18:07 -0400, Laurent Dumont wrote:
> I don't think this is possible. It might be possible to add it to the image
> and then do a rebuild? But that's pretty close to recreating your instances.
thats the only offically supported way to do this yes.

the hack to avoid that is to insert the mising image properties into the db directly then hard reboot
the guest if it does not change schduleing.

the qemu guest agent does not.

for other image properties you might need to cold/live migrate or shelve and unshleve to place it on a valid host
after modifying the db.

rebuild is the prefered approch in this case if the guest agent is requried.