Glance api deployed only on a single controller on multi-controller deployment [kolla]

Pierre Riteau pierre at stackhpc.com
Thu Jul 21 09:41:55 UTC 2022

With the default backend (file), Glance is deployed on a single controller,
because it uses a local Docker volume to store Glance images. This is
explained in the documentation [1]: "By default when using file backend
only one glance-api container can be running". See also the definition
of glance_api_hosts in ansible/group_vars/all.yml.

If you set glance_file_datadir_volume to a non-default path, it is assumed
to be on shared storage and kolla-ansible will automatically use all
glance-api group members.

You can also switch to another backend such as Ceph or Swift.

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/reference/shared-services/glance-guide.html