Help needed with Openstack Third Party CI

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 08:59:50 UTC 2022

On Tue, 2022-07-19 at 15:05 -0700, Clark Boylan wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2022, at 2:59 PM, Aneesh Pachilangottil wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I am trying to set up Openstack third party CI using software factory
> > version 3.7. Followed the steps from this guide
> > https://softwarefactory-project.io/docs/guides/third_party_ci.html.
> >   After adding gerrit connection details for review.opendev.org, I am
> > getting an error in the zuul scheduler logs:
> >
> >   ./scheduler.log:2022-07-18 21:10:25,564 INFO zuul.GerritConnection:
> > review.opendev.org: Gerrit Poller is disabled because no HTTP
> > authentication is defined
>
> I think this first log message is just noise and doesn't point to a problem. Zuul is able to talk to Gerrit via both http and ssh. In this case you have only configured ssh and it is telling you that some functionality is disabled due to the lack of http connection details.

clark can correct me if this has changed but if i recall correctly its prefer to configre both ssh an http instead of just ssh to reduce load on
the upstream gerrit servers.

so it should look like this

[connection opendev.org]
driver=gerrit
canonical_hostname=opendev.org
server=review.openstack.org
sshkey=/var/lib/zuul/.ssh/nodepool_rsa
user=ci-sean-mooney
baseurl=https://review.opendev.org
password=<http password goes here>
auth_type=basic

ill also point out that since this is using basic auth you really should ensure you use https urls :)
i shoudl also proably update that server url to review.opendev.org instead of review.openstack.org but this
zuul installation has not been running for about 2 years sicne i redpeloy the cloud it ran on.

to conenct via http to report result you need to define
https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/latest/drivers/gerrit.html#attr-%3Cgerrit%20connection%3E.password
that also enable line level reporting which si nice for linint jobs but we generally dont tend to
need it for tempest ectra so not sure it will be useful ina third part context.

> >   ./web.log:2022-07-18 21:10:23,948 ERROR
> > zuul.BranchCache.review.opendev.org
> > <http://zuul.branchcache.review.opendev.org/>: Exception loading
> > ZKObject <zuul.zk.branch_cache.BranchCacheZKObject object at
> > 0x7efee2784190> at
> > /zuul/cache/connection/review.opendev.org/branches/data
>
> This is very likely the actual issue. But without the full traceback is difficult to say more. Can you include the full traceback from your logs?
>

> >  The gerrit connection details entry in the sfconfig.yaml file is:
> >   gerrit_connections:
> >     - name: review.opendev.org
> >       hostname: review.opendev.org
> >       port: 29418
> >       puburl: https://review.opendev.org
> >       username: username
> >       canonical_hostname: opendev.org
based on my own config you are msising either the password or ssh key.
the default location zull will check for the sshkey is ~zuul/.ssh/id_rsa
https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/latest/drivers/gerrit.html#attr-%3Cgerrit%20connection%3E.sshkey
and you do not have password defiend which is needed for http reporting.