[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 15 July 2022: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Jul 15 17:34:33 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* We had this week's meeting on 14 July. Most of the meeting discussions are
summarized in this email. Meeting full logs are available
@https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-07-14-15.00.log.html

* Next TC weekly meeting will be on 21 July Thursday at 15:00 UTC, feel free to
add the topic on the agenda[1] by 20 July.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* We continued the CentOS steam testing discussion and by considering all the point we agreed
to make CentOS stream jobs testing periodic but keep it in testing runtime. Monitor, debug, and report
the failure to CentOS stream team.

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Zed cycle
------------------------------
* Zed tracker etherpad includes the TC working items[2], Two are completed and
others items are in-progress.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Seven open reviews for ongoing activities[3].

Consistent and Secure Default RBAC
We have a good amount of discussion and review in the goal document updates[4] and
I have updated the patch by resolving the review comments.

2021 User Survey TC Question Analysis
No update on this. The survey summary is up for review[5]. Feel free to check and
provide feedback.

Zed cycle Leaderless projects
----------------------------------
Dale Smith volunteer to be PTL for Adjutant project [6]

Fixing Zuul config error
----------------------------
Requesting projects with zuul config error to look into those and fix them which should
not take much time[7][8].

Project updates
-------------------
* Add charmed k8s operators to OpenStack Charms[9]
* Adding Skyline as Emerging Technology[10]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[11].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [12]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/847413
[3] https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:openstack/governance+status:open
[4] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/847418