[all] Debian unstable has Python 3.11: please help support it.

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:44:22 UTC 2022

On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 at 11:59, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:
> Not only for the interpreter, if we could find a way to test things in
> Debian Unstable, always, as non-voting jobs, we would see the failures
> early. I'd love we he had such a non-voting job, that would also use the
> latest packages from PyPi, just so that we could at least know what will
> happen in a near future.

Well, we can have periodic and experimental, master-only jobs to test
things on Debian unstable because it's always interesting to see the
upcoming breakage (or better yet - be able to pinpoint it to a certain
change happening in Debian unstable that caused it). The job would
only utilise the interpreter and the helper binaries (like ovs) - all
targets I can think of are capable only of using pip-installed deps
and not Debian packages so that part we cannot really cover reliably
at all. If that makes sense to you, we can work towards that
direction. The biggest issue will still be the bootability/usability
of the infra image though.

-yoctozepto