[OpenStack-Ansible] Log Aggregation in Yoga

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 10:02:03 UTC 2022

Hey,

Yes, indeed, we do store all logs with journald nowadays and rsyslog is not
being used. These roles and documentation is our technical debt and we
should have deprecated that back in Victoria.

Journald for containers is bind mounted and you can check for all container
logs on host. At the same time there plenty of tools to convert journald to
any format of your taste including rsyslog. To have that said, I would
discourage using rsyslog as with that you loose tons of important metadata
and it's hard to parse them properly. If you're using any central logging
tool, like elk or graylog, there re ways to forward journal to these as
well. We also have roles for elk or graylog in our ops repo
https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-ansible-ops
Though we don't provide support for them, thus don't guarantee they're
working as expected and some effort might be needed to update them.