[Openstack-Ansible] br-vlan configuration and intended usage?

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 06:57:52 UTC 2022

Hi Dave,

Intended use-case for br-vlan is when you want or need to provide vlan
networks in the environment.

As example, we use vlan networks to bring in customers owned public
networks, as we need to pass vlan from the gateway to the compute nodes,
and we are not able to set vxlan on the gateway due to hardware that is
used there.

At the same time in many environments you might not need using vlans at
all, as vxlan is what will be used by default to provide tenant networks.