import external compute

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue Jul 5 10:30:54 UTC 2022

On Tue, 2022-07-05 at 11:25 +0430, Parsa Aminian wrote:
> hello
> is there any way that i can import an already existing kolla-ansible
> compute to my openstack ? migrating instances manually take a lot of time
> from me
not really no

nova does not have a way to import exisitng comptue and more importantly the instances form a differnt deployment.
we cant assume the flaovr for exampel would be the same so an import of a compute is a non trivial thing
you would be be imporitng a comptue and all insntance on the compute which belong to multiple tenants consumeing resouce form
a differnt glnace/neturon/cinder ectra then the new cloud.

so there is no simple way to import the compute but you coudl perhaps look at os-migrate to "import" or migrate the instnaces.
os-migrate is intended to automate moving instnace between clouds but its not an entirly lossless process as ips will change in the process.
https://github.com/os-migrate/os-migrate