[release][infra] Tag permission regression (was: SSH host key issue - RedFlag stop approving)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jan 25 15:40:21 UTC 2022

On 2022-01-25 11:51:20 +0100 (+0100), Előd Illés wrote:
> tag-release jobs started to fail today and what i see is mostly that ECDSA
> host key for IP address X not in list of known hosts [1][2][3]
[...]

Just a quick update, that message about an unrecognized host key was
a red herring. The actual error appears after that, indicating the
signed tag push was rejected for insufficient permissions. We
suspect this may be a regression in Gerrit 3.4 (to which we upgraded
in yesterday's maintenance) and are testing a couple of potential
workarounds while preparing to raise it with the Gerrit developers.

We'll keep everyone posted.
--
Jeremy Stanley