[puppet][tc] Propose changing the release model to cycle-with-rc

Takashi Kajinami tkajinam at redhat.com
Mon Jan 24 01:55:20 UTC 2022

Hello,

I already discussed this with a few cores last year but I'm raising this
topic
in ML to make an official decision.

Currently Puppet OpenStack is following cycle-with-intermediary and
creates a release every milestone. However our code is tightly related
to the actual service implementations and having only puppet releases
is not very useful.

Considering the above point, and effort required to cut off releases per
milestone,
I'll propose changing our release model to cycle-with-rc , and creating a
single release.

Because we already created milestone releases for Yoga, I'm thinking of
applying
the change from next cycle(Z).

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thank you,
Takashi