[all] Nomination open for OpenStack "Z" Release Naming

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Jan 21 23:03:26 UTC 2022

 ---- On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:38:48 -0600 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 >  ---- On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 09:45:57 -0600 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 >  > Hello Everyone,
 >  >
 >  > We are now starting the process for the OpenStack 'Z' release name. We are a little late
 >  > to start it, sorry for that. I have proposed to close the nomination on 24th Jan[1]. I am hoping that is
 >  > enough time to collect the names, If not please reply to this thread or in gerrit review[1].
 >  >
 >  > Once the governance patch is merged I will update the final dates of nomination close
 >  > and polls here, meanwhile in parallel please start proposing the name on the wiki page.
 >
 > Below is the schedule for the Z release process:
 >
 > Nomination close: 24th Jan 2022
 > Election start: 25th Jan 2022
 > Election end: 1st Feb 2022

Before election start on 25th, I would like to request community members to filter
out the names which has any objection from cultural, historical point of view. Please
NOTE: legal checks on names will be performed by the foundation which will be
done after the election.

The idea here is to filter out any cultural, historical objective names in advance to avoid
trademark check cost. And along with TC (who will check name criteria also), any
Community members can move such names to 'Proposed Names that do not meet the criteria'
section in below wiki with reasoning or bring it in this ML thread.

- https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Naming/Z_Proposals

-gmann