[kolla] [horizon] Custom logos (WAS: [Openstack-operators] Horizon Custom Logos (Queens, 13.0.1))

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at pawsey.org.au
Mon Jan 17 01:13:58 UTC 2022

On 13/1/22 5:06 pm, Mark Goddard wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 at 05:19, Gregory Orange
> <gregory.orange at pawsey.org.au>  wrote:
>> We have been using Ubuntu VMs for the control plane until now, so it was
>> a simple matter of inserting our logo-splash.svg and logo.svg into
>> /var/lib/openstack-dashboard/static/dashboard/img/  and then restarting
>> services.
>>
>> Now we're switching to Kolla, and the relevant path isn't mounted as is
>> the case with the likes of /etc/kolla/horizon and /var/log/kolla. We
>> don't (yet?) build our own container images, so I'm wondering what next.
>>
> Typically what we do is create a theme repository, e.g.
> https://github.com/stackhpc/horizon-theme. This is then built into the
> image in/etc/openstack-dashboard/themes/<theme>.
>
> There is another approach proposed which does not involve rebuilding
> the image, but it is still WIP:
> https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/kolla-ansible/+/761364

Good to know, thank you. For now I have figured out that 'docker cp'ing
the files into place works, although of course that doesn't persist
across things like reconfigure runs. Curiously though it does persist
with a container restart, even though I didn't `commit` the change to
the container image.

Cheers,
Greg.