[ops][kolla][kolla-ansible][neutron] Xena upgrade connectivity issues

Alexandros Soumplis soumplis at admin.grnet.gr
Sat Jan 15 22:03:13 UTC 2022

Hello all,

I am doing an upgrade with kolla ansible from Wallaby to Xena, using
source containers on ubuntu and openvswitch. After the upgrade, there is
no connectivity from the VMs to the network (both provider networks and
self-service) and also neutron services (dhcp, l3-agent, metadata) do
not work. For the VMs I had no errors related, while for neutron
services, probably due to lack of connectivity a continuous flapping of
virtual routers and dhcp agents.

I have downgraded neutron_openvswitch_agent, openvswitch_vswitchd and
openvswitch_db to wallaby again and it everything works. I suspect there
is something related to the flows created from the neutron agent but was
not able to identify anything specific.

Any help to debug this and identify the root cause is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
a.