[TripleO] Overcloud deployment failing with Network Seggregation

Anirudh Gupta anyrude10 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 13:58:49 UTC 2022

Hi Team,

I am trying to deploy an Openstack Train using TripleO having 3 Controllers
and 1 Compute.
Without Network Isolation, I have deployed it successfully.

Now, I am trying to segregate my network traffic using multiple-nics-vlan
configuration generated via the below command

/tools/process-templates.py -o ~/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates-rendered
-n /home/stack/network_data.yaml -r /home/stack/templates/roles_data.yaml

The command used for deploying the overcloud is

openstack overcloud deploy --templates \
*-n /home/stack/templates/network_data.yaml \*
-r /home/stack/templates/roles_data.yaml \
-e /home/stack/templates/node-info.yaml \
*...*

*-e /home/stack/templates/environments/network-isolation.yaml \-e
/home/stack/templates/environments/network-environment.yaml \*
*...*

It is failing just after the ovs bridge gets created and external nic vlan
is attached to the bridge.
[image: MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png]

MAC Address of br-ex is same as the MAC of the interface specified in file
network/config/multiple-nics-vlan/controller.yaml
For testing, If I assign an IP address to that interface, it is reachable
to GW.
But, in case IP is assigned to VLAN 418 and it is added in the br-ex,
Gateway remains unreachable.

Please suggest