[nova] iothread support with Libvirt

Eric K. Miller emiller at genesishosting.com
Thu Jan 6 23:50:59 UTC 2022

> Out of curiosity, how are you passing the local storage to the VM? I would also assume a performance hit when using a VM but local storage (instead of Ceph, iscsi, nfs) should still perform well?

We're using and LVM logical volume on 4 x Micron 9300's in a RAID 0 configuration using md.  We're using the standard Nova "image_type=lvm" option.

The performance is good, relative to something as slow as Ceph, but the performance hit is pretty significant compared to the host's performance.  It is essentially IOPS limited.  I can run some tests and provide results if you were interested.

Eric