[glance] Does glance not support using local filesystem storage in a cluster

韩光宇 hanguangyu2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 09:41:37 UTC 2022

Hi,

Yes, you are right. I have deploied a ceph as the backend storage of
glance, cinder and nova.  And it can resolve this question.

But I wonder why it's designed this way. It doesn't fit my perception
of OpenStack.

As currently designed, local storage of glance must not be used in the
cluster. Why not record the host where the image resides? Just like
the local storage of the nova-compute node, if a Glance node breaks
down, the image on the host cannot be accessed.

Sorry that maybe this idea is unreasonable and stupid. Could anyone
tell me the reason or what's the problem with that

best wishes to you, love you.

Thank you,
Han Guangyu

Eugen Block <eblock at nde.ag> 于2022年1月6日周四 17:03写道: