[infra] Missing releases from opendev.org/opendev/git-review/tags

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jan 5 22:08:58 UTC 2022

On 2022-01-04 21:20:24 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2022-01-04 14:37:55 -0600 (-0600), Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> > I noticed that the list of tags for git-review in the website
> > does not include the 2.2.x tags, which exist in git:
> [...]
> > The 2.2.0 is missing from
> > https://opendev.org/opendev/git-review/tags
[...]
> For the first URL I suspect that's a bug in Gitea not correctly
> reflecting mirrored tags. I don't recall noticing this before, but
> it definitely seems like Gitea is serving that view from its
> database and not updating whenever a new tag is pushed in. It
> doesn't seem to only affect the git-review repo. For example, the
> most recent nova tag displayed is from 2019-06-18. Skimming the
> OpenDev meeting agendas from around then, it looks like roughly a
> month later we were rebuilding the Gitea server farm (all the
> machines currently seem to have creation dates between 2019-07-23
> and 2019-07-29), so it's quite probable that recreating the database
> is the only thing which has been populating the tags table in their
> DB. We'll have to take a look at it and probably file a bug with the
> Gitea maintainers.
[...]

Update on this part: After discussing briefly with clarkb in
#opendev he reminded me that this is the "bad" tarballs tab we want
to hide in Gitea (along with its releases tab). The branch drop-down
has its own tags tab which should contain a correct and complete
list of them for selecting.
--
Jeremy Stanley