Create Image in queue State in XENA Version

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 00:53:48 UTC 2022

Your question does not provide any details about the context. How was
your cloud set up, what Glance store(s) are configured, how are images
uploaded etc. I suppose it is possible to download images, correct?

You need to check the Glance API log, in particular for warning and
error messages. My first idea would be to confirm whether the Glance
store is accessible for writing.

Also use the command line for adding an image and set the debug option:
openstack --debug image create ... This may give you information about
an upload failure. At a minimum, it will tell you the request ID of the
failing API request, which you can use for more effective log analysis.

You say that nothing is wrong in the Glance configuration files. Are you
certain that your settings are still correct at Xena? Use the Xena
release notes to confirm, but also earlier release notes that might
announce deprecation of some settings/features. Glance may issue useful
log messages about configuration issues when starting up.

Bernd Bausch