[cinder] final reviews needed for os-brick yoga release

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 22:35:40 UTC 2022

On 2/12/22 2:38 PM, Brian Rosmaita wrote:
> Hello Argonauts,
>
> We are now aiming to release on Tuesday 15 Feb at 20:00 UTC.

Would you believe Thursday 17 Feb?

(In other words, we'll be releasing on the regularly scheduled day.  My
nefarious scheme for us to release os-brick a week early has come to
naught.)

> The list of patches needing review and some comments on their status is
> here:
>    https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/os-brick-yoga-release

Here's a quick summary.  There are 2 patches still being worked on:

1. 823654: nvmeof.py - in case of missing "show-hostnqn" command
    - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/os-brick/+/823654
    - this one is really close, small revision requested
    - need to get this in because the version of nvme-cli shipped with
kolla/focus doesn't have the show-hostnqn command

2. 811718: nvmeof connector check controller already connected
    - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/os-brick/+/811718
    - Gorka had a question about a possible race condition; while
looking at it again he came across a different bug
    - we'll have to discuss this in the Wednesday cinder meeting; in the
meantime, feel free to review and leave comments