[kolla-ansible][nova]Problem with distribution of instance on servers

Franck VEDEL franck.vedel at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Tue Feb 15 16:10:34 UTC 2022

Hello,
I seem to have a problem that I hadn't seen.
I have 3 servers for my openstack, built with Kolla-ansible, I'm in Victoria version.
I had simply put the 3 servers in the [compute] part of the multinode file, at first it worked, but for some time all the VMs are placed on server 1.

The 3 servers are operational, identical. here are 3 screenshots to show it. (on the images, the instances on servers 2 and 3 are present because it worked correctly, but no more instances are created on these servers now)

I tried to understand how the instances are distributed on the servers, but in my case, I don't understand why none are assigned to the 2nd and 3rd server.
How to find the problem? It should be nova-scheduler . Do you have to do anything special? Go see if a parameter has a bad value?

Thanks in advance if you can help me.

Franck VEDEL