[tooz] [mistral] Tenacity >= 8.0.1 issues (in Debian)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Feb 14 22:38:06 UTC 2022

On 2/14/22 11:23, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems Tenacity has some incompatible changes leading to this:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/1005636 (tooz)
> https://bugs.debian.org/1005467 (mistral)
>
> Note that both Manila and Heat were fixed already for this last version
> of Tenacity, so these would likely be the only remaining blockers to
> upgrade to 8.0.1.
>
> As Tenacity 8.0.1 is already in Debian Unstable, I'd prefer if we fixed
> these rather than pinning to a lower version.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

BTW, it'd be nice if we didn't leave this kind of patch alone:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/tooz/+/779161

It's ok to "unblock the gate" with this kind of patch if it's only
temporary. But it's not ok to leave such a pinning forever: at some
point it bites hard, which is exactly what's happening right now for me.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)