OpenStack Trove experimental datastores

DHilsbos at performair.com DHilsbos at performair.com
Fri Feb 11 18:16:26 UTC 2022

In Victoria, Trove moved to Docker images for the datastores.  Any datastores that didn't update themselves were removed, regardless of state.  I believe the only datastores currently supported are MariaDB, and PostgreSQL, though MySQL might be supported as well.

Personally. I find this to have been a bad example of the "containerize all the things" mentality.  Trove now deploys an instance (vm) for each datastore instance, running a single container.  The exception is if you request backups, in which case a backup container is added to the instance (vm).

Trove is installed in our OpenStack cloud, but we don't use it.

Thank you,

Dominic L. Hilsbos, MBA
Vice President - Information Technology
Perform Air International Inc.