[ops][cinder] resource count survey

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:15:38 UTC 2022

Hello operators,

The Cinder project is working on the cinder quotas system in an effort
to improve its accuracy and remove the necessity for operators to go
through and clean it up occasionally when it gets out of sync with reality.

One way to do this is to use dynamic database counting (instead of
storing the usage info in a table where it can become outdated). Whether
this will be a good change depends on how many records the database has
to process during a transaction, which in turn depends on how many
Cinder resources a project has.

So we need to get some information from you.

Please take this brief survey:
https://rosmaita.wufoo.com/forms/cinder-resource-count-survey/

The survey closes on Wednesday 30 March at 1200 UTC, so that we can have
data to discuss during the "Z" PTG.  But please don't procrastinate,
it's only 6 questions and the answers are all positive integers. It
shouldn't take long to fill out!

Thanks!
brian