Home openstack lab

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 19:58:15 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-02-02 at 18:48 +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2022-02-02 18:43:37 +0000 (+0000), Sean Mooney wrote:
> [...]
> > if you have restriciton on using containers and you do not like
> > ansible you could also look at the openstack puppet modules but i
> > dont think they get much usage outside fo ooo so your milage will
> > vary.
> [...]
>
> It's my understanding that the OpenStack Cluster Installer in Debian
> uses packaged copies of those Puppet modules to perform
> configuration management.
oh good to know.

i have heard good things about the debian installer but never used it
and dont know of any large scale deployment but for me simple is always better
then complex nad just using puppet or ansible with or without contaienr
makes grocking what is going on and why its broken much simpler when somethign
does go wrong.

if im self support a cluster like a home lab or even a small lab for a company
being able to understand what the installer is doing is high on my list.