[cinder][drivers] stable branch backports

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 17:24:26 UTC 2022

Hello Argonauts, especially vendor driver maintainers:

At last week's midcycle meeting, we began a discussion of running
third-party CI on stable branch changes.  While that continues *not* to
be required (it will be re-visited at the Z PTG), we did agree to the
following:

     When a vendor driver patch backport is proposed, we would like to
see a clear statement on the gerrit review that the patch has been
tested in an appropriate environment.

This shouldn't be a big deal because presumably you've done local
testing with your backend to ensure that the code works as expected in a
stable branch; we're simply asking that this be documented on the backport.

cheers,
brian