[os-brick][nova][cinder][glance] Question about lock_path

Balazs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at est.tech
Tue Feb 1 15:57:34 UTC 2022

On Tue, Feb 1 2022 at 11:50:28 AM +0100, Radosław Piliszek
<radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Fellow OpenStackers!
>
> I have noticed os-brick started using the file locks (in lock_path) to
> avoid race conditions.
> I have a question regarding that lock_path - it seems all the cases I
> have found use separate lock_paths per service, yet the problematic
> cases listed in the bug report (and the commit message of [1]) suggest
> that, in case of co-hosted nova-compute, glance-api, cinder-volume and
> cinder-backup services (or any combination thereof), the lock_path
> should be shared.
> Should the deployment projects adapt to actually fix the race
> condition issue?

An alternative to that would be that os-brick has specific lock path
config option regardless of which service is importing the lib. Then
the oslo_concurrency.lockutils.lock() can be called with that os-brick
specific path from os-brick.

Cheers,
gibi