[all][TC] Bare rechecks stats week of 25.07

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Dec 17 02:53:00 UTC 2022

On 2022-12-16 16:41:49 -0800 (-0800), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
[...]
> I thought
> ..openstack/project-config/blob/master/zuul.d/pipelines.yaml is
> specifc to the OpenStack also top of file mentioned the same -
> "Shared zuul config specific to the OpenStack Project.."

That's definitely inaccurate and should get fixed. The "openstack"
tenant was originally the only Zuul tenant we had (when Zuul first
became multi-tenant capable), and only a few projects have moved out
to or started in other tenants since then. For example, StarlingX
and Airship repositories all gate in the "openstack" tenant.
Alternatively, we could decide to kick all non-OpenStack projects
out of that tenant so it can be customized more for OpenStack's use,
but would be a significant undertaking if we went that route.

> I also think adding that link to zuul message can be more useful
> and easy to learn about these bare rechecks. I have noticed in
> other place also where developers asked about any documentation on
> bare rechecks.

We need to keep the comments from Zuul as brief and to the point as
possible. Overloading those comments with more documentation URLs is
not good for usability, but making sure the documentation we link to
gets people to the right information by having it link to more
places is fine.
--
Jeremy Stanley