[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 2022 Dec 16: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sat Dec 17 01:14:03 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* We had this week's meeting on Dec 14. Most of the meeting discussions are summarized
in this email. Meeting logs are available
@ https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-12-14-16.00.log.html

* Next TC weekly meeting will be on Dec 21 Wed at 16:00 UTC, Feel free to add the topic to
the agenda[1] by Dec 20.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* The technical elections dates for next cycle is finalized[2],
please plan your nominations for open leaderships roles accordingly.

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for the 2023.1 cycle
-------------------------------------
* Current cycle working items and their progress are present in the 2023.1 tracker etherpad[3].

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Three open reviews for ongoing activities[4].

IMPORTANT: Tox 4 failure and time to fix them
You might know about Tox 4 failure and currently it is capped as <4 in
ensure-tox role. This is going to be uncapped on Dec 21[5] and you
might see tox based unit/functional tests job (or any job using ensure-role
except devstack based) will start failing. Please plan the testing and fix
accordingly. Calling out here as holiday seasons or fixing it in early cycle
will help to plan the smooth development cycle and release.

Change in Inactive project timeline
The proposal for this is under review[6] and positive response so far.

Mistral release and more maintainers
avanzagh joined TC meeting and updates us that new maintainers from OVHCloud
have been added as Core members to help maintaining Mistral. And we also discussed
and agreed to continue Mistral in DPL model for this cycle. As next step, avanzagh will
discuss the required work to release Mistral or what are the expectations from the release
team to consider it as release item. This seems like good progress. We will keep monitor
the situation until proposal for Mistral release deprecation is closed[7].

Renovate translation SIG i18
----------------------------------
* No updates this week and we will track it in TC tracker and update on ML if there is any
update.

Project updates
-------------------
* Add Cinder Huawei charm[8]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[9].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15:00 UTC [10]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2022-November/031240.html
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/election/
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-2023.1-tracker
[4] https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:openstack/governance+status:open