Could I deploy openstack in openstack instance

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:38:40 UTC 2022

Hi,

In short - you can.
Some deployment tools, like OpenStack-Ansible or kolla-ansible provide
guides for all on one deployments. Devstack also is capable of that, since
this principal is widely used in our CI, as tempest scenarios usually spawn
real VMs and CI is run inside openstack VMs as well.

This usually involve creation of dummy interfaces, that are used in bridges
as tunnel ones and then instaces are connected to these bridges through
neutron.

So here you can find some docs and architecture involved:
https://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ansible/latest/user/aio/quickstart.html

https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/user/quickstart.html