reconfiguring the external interface to multiple interfaces doesn't work

pradeep pradeep8985 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 20:33:33 UTC 2022

Hello All,

I have deployed OpenStack Yoga using kolla ansible with a single external
interface initially. Later we realized that we wanted to use
multiple interfaces.

I have followed the docs to modify the external interface in the
globals.yml file as below.

*Before:*
*globals.yml*
neutron_external_interface: "bond2"

*After:*
*globals.yml*
neutron_external_interface: "bond2,enp6s0f1"
neutron_bridge_name: "br-ex,br-ex2"

*Command used:*

kolla-ansible -i multinode reconfigure --tags "common,horizon,neutron" -vv

br-ex2 doesn't show up in the neutron nodes. I also noticed that my
neutron-openvswitch-agent is continuously restating in both the neutron
nodes.

neutron-openvswitch-agent.log says as below

2022-12-15 02:12:35.121 7 INFO
neutron.plugins.ml2.drivers.openvswitch.agent.openflow.native.ovs_bridge
[-] Bridge br-int has datapath-ID 0000be5c93241c4f
2022-12-15 02:12:36.040 7 INFO
neutron.plugins.ml2.drivers.openvswitch.agent.ovs_neutron_agent [-] Mapping
physical network physnet1 to bridge br-ex
2022-12-15 02:12:36.041 7 INFO
neutron.plugins.ml2.drivers.openvswitch.agent.ovs_neutron_agent [-] Bridge
br-ex datapath-id = 0x0000801844eaf971
2022-12-15 02:12:36.057 7 INFO
neutron.plugins.ml2.drivers.openvswitch.agent.openflow.native.ovs_bridge
[-] Bridge br-ex has datapath-ID 0000801844eaf971
2022-12-15 02:12:36.063 7 INFO
neutron.plugins.ml2.drivers.openvswitch.agent.ovs_neutron_agent [-] Mapping
physical network physnet2 to bridge br-ex2
2022-12-15 02:12:36.063 7 ERROR
neutron.plugins.ml2.drivers.openvswitch.agent.ovs_neutron_agent [-] Bridge
br-ex2 for physical network physnet2 does not exist. Agent terminated!

Here is the config file.

cat /etc/kolla/neutron-openvswitch-agent/openvswitch_agent.ini
[agent]
tunnel_types = vxlan
l2_population = true
arp_responder = true
extensions = qos,sfc

[securitygroup]
firewall_driver =
neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver

[ovs]
bridge_mappings = physnet1:br-ex,physnet2:br-ex2
datapath_type = system
ovsdb_connection = tcp:127.0.0.1:6640
ovsdb_timeout = 10
local_ip = <IP_Address>

Also, i tried to change the bridge name from br-ex to br-ex1 but it still
shows up br-ex (this can be perceived as my second issue). How can I
resolve both issues? Kindly help.