[dev][infra][qa][tact-sig] Tox 4.0.0 breaking changes

Mike Bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Sun Dec 11 17:23:37 UTC 2022

Hi -

Also bit by sudden changes in tox 4, and I think it's important that the tox maintainers know that they did not adequately warn for these changes.    our jobs should not be "breaking" without us having adequate warnings from previous tox versions.

My issue at https://github.com/tox-dev/tox/issues/2676 has been locked and the maintainer does not seem to think tox did anything incorrectly here.      Pretty concerning for such a foundational project, so I would encourage new issues be raised at https://github.com/tox-dev/tox/issues/ <https://github.com/tox-dev/tox/issues/2676>  regarding individual backwards-incompatible changes that were made without warnings.