[dev][infra][qa][tact-sig] Tox 4.0.0 breaking changes

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Dec 8 21:38:41 UTC 2022

On 2022-12-08 13:16:04 -0800 (-0800), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
[...]
> I do not think it is Tempest's own installation. It is a devstack
> installation of tox (which I think uses ensure-tox on stable also
> unless we have any hidden installation overriding it) which is
> same on master as well as on stable but the master installation
> uses old tox which I am hoping due to ensure-tox capping tox but
> on stable it is not. I am confused by this different behaviour. I
> do not think devstack does any separate things for master and
> stable/zed for tox installation. Something from ensure-tox?
[...]

Not sure where you draw the line between DevStack and Tempest, for
me they're part of the same suite split into different Git
repositories. The problem area which was brought to my attention
earlier today in #openstack-qa is in the configure_tempest function
of DevStack's lib/tempest script which reinstalls tox rather than
using the version already present on the server.
--
Jeremy Stanley