[mistral] Mistral maintenance and PTL

Axel Vanzaghi axel.vanzaghi at ovhcloud.com
Wed Dec 7 10:58:44 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

Let me introduce myself, Axel Vanzaghi, first used OpenStack in 2015 and got back to it when I joined OVHCloud as SRE.

Here at OVHCloud, we make an intensive use of Mistral in our internals processes, so we don't want to see it going deprecated [1] or abandonned.
We decided to take action to maintain it, first by proposing someone to be the PTL for Mistral [2].

I proposed myself for this role. Yet, my experience with Mistral is only being an user of it, I worked on some of our workflow.
However, I really liked what we could do with the tool so I'm willing to learn  more and contribute on this project as I will be able to have time for it.
Our first goal is to maintain the project alive, but new features will still be welcomed.

Regards,
Axel Vanzaghi

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/866562
[2] https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-February/020151.html