[tc][mistral][release] Propose to deprecate Mistral

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Dec 5 19:48:38 UTC 2022

 ---- On Mon, 05 Dec 2022 02:52:04 -0800  Elõd Illés  wrote ---
 > div.zm_7849435736241202314_parse_3565333567893367702 P { margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0 }Hi,
 > Mistral projects are unfortunately not actively maintained and caused hard times in latest official series releases for release management team. Thus we discussed this and decided to propose to deprecate Mistral [1] to avoid broken releases and last minute debugging of gate issues (which usually fall to release management team), and remove mistral projects from 2023.1 Antelope release [2].
 >
 > We would like to ask @TC to evaluate the situation and review our patches (deprecation [1] + removal from the official release [2]).

Thanks Elod for reporting such project from release perspective which is good help to TC.

As you might have seen the comment in review, the good thing is that one of mistral user (OVHcloud) Arnaud Morin volunteer to maintain it. I asked him to contact the Mistral team to help/maintain it together and based on that we can decide on the Mistral deprecation. Just in case Arnaud is not subscribed to this ML, adding him explicitly.

-gmann