[nova][placement][tempest] Hold your rechecks

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 16:53:18 UTC 2022

Le ven. 2 déc. 2022 à 17:26, Sofia Enriquez <senrique at redhat.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
> Could this problem affect cinder-tempest-plugin-lvm-tgt-barbican jobs as
> well? (All the nova+lvm test are failing)
> https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/140630488ea745a69ce3ebadf85a41fa

Sounds related AFAICS as this is related to a volume attach/detach.
TBC, the root problem is that when you attach or detach a volume earlier
than when the guest kernel is fully booted, then detach won't work.
In order to not have a volume detach problem, Tempest needs to reliably
wait for the guest to be sshable (as the kernel will be booted).

HTH,
-Sylvain

Thanks